This week, we’re looking at the websites available which enable you to get in touch with music services, such as promoters and concert databases.
Artistdata is a great website, enabling to update all your band profiles at once as well as send details of your upcoming gigs to top online concert databases – this way, you can ensure that your social media websites and gig listing websites are updated with the latest information. It’s a free service, and here are some of the features that they offer:
- Update your status on your social network accounts at once, including MySpace, Facebook and Twitter
- Upload your gig details – date, time, show type, name, venue, ticket price, age limit, poster etc.
- Artistdata will submit your concert dates to top online concert databases for you (including BandsInTown and SongKick), saving you lots of time
- Create your own ArtistData profile which displays all the content you’ve uploaded to Artistdata, as well as ticket links, recent Twitter posts and a customisable banner
The website is powered by Sonicbids, which is another useful site for musicians to help them find gigs – the services they offer require a monthly fee, but you can try their services for free for the first two weeks. Some of the features they offer include building your EPK, finding gigs through their site, checking statistics for your Twitter, Last.fm and Google blogs, and promoting your gigs.
Getagig helps you to get in touch with promoters and music venues, acting as a directory as well as a messenger between you and the promoters. You can search the towns you want to gig in, and the directory will pull up a list of promoters in that area – you can then click the “Get a gig” button, fill in a form with your details and send it off to them. Easy!
Do you ever find yourself stuck on ideas for your music videos, or want to find someone to collaborate with who will have a fresh take on your music? That’s where Radar comes in – it’s an online database which hooks independent musicians and labels together with music video directors, making sure that they are the best people for your job yet still fitting within your budget. Here are the services that they can offer you for free:
- Post one music video to your Radar profile – selected videos get free promotion on Radar
- Use the Radar directory to find music promotion and support services all over the world, including content partners, music blogs, PR, promotion and plugging
- Recently added “Crew Contacts” directory tab, enabling you to look for a DP, Editor or Producer etc.
- Access to the Radar blog, which offer useful suggestions and tips for promoting your music video
- Receive “29 Ways To Promote Your Music Video”, the most comprehensive music video promotion guide online, for free
The lovely people at Radar have written us a guest blog with some key tips from their promotion guide – you can check it out here.
Remember, Zimbalam have a partnership with Radar – you can sign up for a free Radar account here to check out the amazing opportunities available, and quote Zimbalam upon signing up and you’ll also receive a 10% discount on your next release with us!