Every so often we’d like to tell you about a friendly company that we here thoroughly recommend as they could genuinely help you out with your blossoming career. Today we’re sending you out an email introducing you to the guys at Sentric Music who we are proud to partner with. They are the UK’s leading publisher for independent musicians and will make sure you receive money for every single gig you play and any radio airplay you receive and they’ll also push to get your music on TV/Adverts worldwide.
Here’s Simon to tell you all about Sentric…
Sentric Music is an independent music publisher, home to thousands of UK artists offering royalty collection and synchronisation services all on a contract that doesn’t tie the artist down. Its services are open to anyone who creates and performs original material and there is no sign up fee, Sentric just takes a cut of what it earns for you. Not sure what music publishing is? Read this handy guide here: http://senmusi.cc/WTFisPublishing
Launched in the summer of 2006, Sentric has distributed hundreds of thousands of pounds in royalties to their artists and successfully placed their music on TV programmes and adverts around the world.
What we offer for artists:
- Royalty Collection from the PRS/MCPS for Live Performances/Radio Airplay/TV Exposure
- TV/Advert Placements for worldwide marketing campaigns and UK and US TV shows
- Industry Advice in the form of the Sentric Music blog (www.sentric.wordpress.com)
- No Sign-Up Fee; Sentric Music takes a 20% administration cut.
- No Lengthy Contract; the artist can leave whenever they wish keeping their full copyright
Every time your music is played within the public domain royalties are generated via the PRS that you’re legally entitled to. Whether it be a gig of any size ranging from a tiny bar in Preston to a sold out show at Wembley Stadium and everywhere in-between, or radio play on BBC Radio 1 right down to your local station; there is money out there that Sentric Music can collect for you. This money can be substantial and should be viewed as an essential income stream to any artist.
Some example radio/TV figures (as of Q4 2010):
Radio(for an average 3m30s song)
BBC Radio 1 – up to £65
BBC 6 Music – up to £11.70
BBC 1Xtra – up to £9.80
BBC Regional Stations – up to £4.60
BBC Asian Network – up to £13
BBC 1- Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £145 per play.
BBC 2- Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £60 per play.
Channel 4- Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £250 per play.
Five TV – Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £1,000 for being featured in an ident.
Small Venues- anything up to £4 -£6 per gig (which can be backdated up to 12 months in the past in some cases).
Barfly – Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £19 per gig.
O2 Academy’s- Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £32 per gig.
Shepherds Bush Empire- (example of a mid-scale venue) – Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £392 per gig.
M.E.N Arena – (example of large venue) – Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £1,000 per gig
Leeds/Reading Festival – Sentric artists have previously received upwards of £1,200 per appearance
Sentric Music has successfully placed its artist’s music in television productions and adverts worldwide resulting in priceless exposure and high sync fees for the artists in question. Within the broadcast media:
- We’ve had music featured on advertising campaigns within the UK and internationally (for brands such as O2, Lexus, De Montfort Uni, Stockland Estates)
- We have an ongoing relationship with UK terrestrial station Channel 5, offering them music for idents and inhouse adverts
- We also have an ongoing relationship with Lime Pictures, regularly having music featured on the teen soap Hollyoaks
- We’ve had music featured on various US TV productions (One Tree Hill, Veronica Mars, Cold Case, Paris Hilton’s BFF, VH1’s Celebrity Soberhouse, Burn Notice)
- We’ve had music featured on Channel 4 trailers and on BBC productions (Eastenders/Strictly Come Dancing)
- Check out our Vimeo channel here to see a selection of these syncs: http://senmusi.cc/aTBkfv
Sentric Music can offer you all of the above with no sign up fee and no lengthy contract which allows artists to ultimately retain their copyright. They’re extremely artist friendly and should be viewed as essential to any unpublished artist within the UK.
I’ve no doubt you’ve got some questions so head over to our site www.sentricmusic.com and you’ll find all the answers there (more importantly, you can also sign up there!) If you have any questions feel free to get in touch on 0207 099 5991 or drop Phil (our artist liaison) an email on email@example.com
Thank you kindly for reading this far, I hope to see you on board soon!
This post is by Believe Digital A&R/ Label Manager, William Headlam-Wells @WillHW